Free Meal Pickup Schedule
WEDNESDAYS, 4:30 - 5:30 pm (Learn More)
The beautiful Vandalia Branch Library opened in November, 2016, but library service in Vandalia dates back to 1945. There are currently nine full-time staff members, one part-timer and ten library aides working at the Vandalia Branch Library. From storytime for little ones, to popular teen programs, to book discussions for adults – there is something for all ages. We emphasize hands-on STEM learning opportunities for school age children and teens, and one-on-one technological assistance for adults by appointment.
Bill McIntire joined the Dayton Metro Library in 2013. Previous to becoming the Vandalia Branch Library Manager, Bill was the Assistant Branch Manager at Southeast after serving as as the archivist for Dayton Metro Library's Special Collections Division. He has over 20 years’ experience in museums and archival institutions, most notably with the Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright State University, and several local historical organizations. He has two advanced degrees from Wright State University and earned his MLIS from Kent State University. Bill enjoys reading a wide range of nonfiction, particularly military and diplomatic history.
Angela Jones began her library career as a teenager, shelving books at the Clark County Library. She joined the Dayton Metro Library in 2002 and has served in various capacities since then, most recently as an Information Services Librarian at the Main Library. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies (Art History emphasis) from Wright State University and received her MLIS from Kent State in 2009. In her spare time she enjoys reading speculative fiction, watching movies, hosting her book club, and spending time with her family.
The Vandalia Branch leverages many community partnerships for the success of area students. As active participants in the 10-week after-school READS Program at Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm, the Branch staff is working to develop a love of literacy and learning. Additionally, they work closely with the local schools and teachers to create inspiring classroom collections and connect students to the many resources available at the Branch.
Vandalia’s first Library dates to 1945 when it was part of the Vandalia Township Building. In 1963, the Library opened its own building, which was remodeled over the years. The Libraries for a Smarter Future project called for a brand new Vandalia Branch, which opened to the public in November 2016 at nearly twice the size of the old building. The navigation theme of the Children’s Area reflects the community’s connection to aviation and exploration, and three specially commissioned art installations were created for this Library.